An Australian man has been sentenced to two years in prison after he pleaded guilty to stealing money from his partner’s bank account and then fleeing to Germany with it.

Key points:The 29-year-old was found guilty of stealing money on Valentine’s DayHe had told police he was travelling to Germany to “buy drugs”But he later pleaded guilty after being caughtThe victim told police she had been trying to make her boyfriend stop his financial cheatingShe said the man, who she did not know, had given her a card with his details and had asked her to put it in her bank accountWhen she returned to the Australian Capital Territory, she told police the man had told her he was “getting out of the country” to “take drugs”.

She was contacted by police and she called the police station to report him missing.

She was given a court date for February 15.

She told police in a police interview she had told the man she was travelling from the US to Germany, but he had told other people he was coming to Australia to “go shopping”.

“He wanted me to go and get some money,” she said.

“I thought I was going to be a big loser and I would get some bad luck.”

The woman said she then got an anonymous text message that the man was “trying to sell me something”.

The woman and her partner told police that the message was from a “friend of a friend”.

“I don’t remember what they said, but they asked me if I wanted to have sex with him and I said no because I didn’t know what they were talking about,” she told the court.

“He said he was a millionaire and that I would be able to get into that type of business with him.”

The man told police his girlfriend had been using a credit card she had not yet been issued and had been charged with a fraudulent charge of $1,000 for a purchase from a woman he met in Germany.

The woman then sent police the card number, and told police when she went to the bank the man showed up with the money.

“When I got there, I found the money had been stolen,” she testified.

The man’s passport was found in his pocket and he was charged with bank fraud.

He pleaded guilty in September and had his sentence suspended for two years.